[sc34wg3] Canadian National Body Position re: SAM and XTM

G. Ken Holman sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:35:46 -0400

After deliberation on this question, Canada has decided to support the
progress of SAM and XTM to CD status as soon as possible without regard for
any delays that may be needed for the consideration of RM or TMM or any
other issue.  While Canada supports continuing efforts in RM and TMM
research and developments, and we are interested in the prospects they
present, we recognize in our use of Topic Map technologies more urgency and
benefit in working with a finalized (or at least close to finalized) CD of
SAM and XTM as soon as possible.

Unfortunately our usual WG3 representatives (Derek and Dmitry) are unable
to attend the London meeting, so I will be attending the WG3 sessions on
their behalf and will try as best I can to represent their interests.

Thanks!

................ Ken

--
Upcoming hands-on courses:   Europe (XSLT/XPath):    May  5, 2003
-                            Europe (XSL-FO):        May 16, 2003

G. Ken Holman                mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com
Crane Softwrights Ltd.         http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/
Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0   +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
ISBN 0-13-065196-6                      Definitive XSLT and XPath
ISBN 0-13-140374-5                              Definitive XSL-FO
ISBN 1-894049-08-X  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath
ISBN 1-894049-10-1              Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO
Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/m/bc