[sc34wg3] Conformance

28 Apr 2003 14:08:09 +0200

* Kal Ahmed

| That depends on what you mean by round-trip. IMO a round-trip should
| preserve all aspects of the input, including ordering, attribute
| values that are not part of the SAM model and so on. I presume that
| this is not your definition...

Absolutely not. :-)

What I mean by roundtrip would be defined by the XTM conformance
section, but basically it would mean that the XTM input and the XTM
output when deserialized according to spec would produce logically
equivalent SAM instances.

| Presumably the XTM2CXTM converter would simply perform the necessary
| ordering and serialisation in canonical XML ?

Yep.

| Such a converter would certainly lower the bar for apps seeking to
| claim conformance, which is a Good Thing. Now, who volunteers to
| write it ? ;-)

The OKS already has a canonicalizer as part of the API. It's used in
the OKS test suite and we have a command-line tool for accessing it.
We could also make it available in the Omnigator once the new CXTM
spec is ready and the canonicalizer is rewritten to match it.