[sc34wg3] Simple Topic Maps (STM): An example of deserialization

Mary Nishikawa sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:23:07 +0900

At 01:56 PM 4/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>A new document, N0394,
>
>"Simple Topic Maps (STM)"
>
>has been sent to ISO for inclusion in the process.
>Because time is short before the meeting, we have
>made it available right now at
>http://www.isotopicmaps.org/TMMM/STM-latest-clean.html

Concerning a review of N0394, Yes, this is really short notice,
approximately  4 days before the Japan National Body leaves for London.
Therefore, a fair debate cannot take place in London since we do not have
sufficient time to review and have a local sc34 meeting in Japan.

Just for your information, in the clarification of due process, this would
be our time frame for reviewing such documents.

Receipt of document -> one month to review -> discussion at local sc34
meeting-> writing review-> submission of national body comments.

So this would be the schedule, if the Japan National body does decide to
comment on it.

Receipt of Document: Week of April 28 -> Review until week of May 26 ->
Discussion at next national body meeting (scheduled around the last week in
June) -> writing comments approx. 2 weeks -> submission of comments to Sara
(sometime in July)

As you can see from this schedule, it will be just perfect timing for the
next face to face meeting in Montreal in August. We look forward to
discussing it with you then.

This would be the same for the review of N0406.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Cheers,
Mary