[sc34wg3] The interpretation of facets

27 Apr 2003 11:48:30 +0200

* Michel Biezunski

| [SAM weaknesses on reification]
|
| All these issues have been handled in previous
| mails and will surely be raised during the meeting.
| I hope the face-to-face discussion will be fruitful
| and will make possible to reconcile positions that
| look difficult to resolve by email exchanges.

| [conformance as a secondary issue]
|
| Another issue for the meeting.

| [facets]
|
| To summarize, there are several solutions to
| replace facets, and I don't have any specific
| preference. I believe it depends on the context,
| on what the intended semantic is, etc.

Does this mean that you have no technical contributions at all to
make, Michel? Does this mean that you don't want to discuss *anything*
of substance before we get to the meeting? You *do* realize, I hope,
that the agenda for this meeting is more tightly packed than it has
ever been before? The more we can get out of the way before we meet in
London, the better for us all.