[sc34wg3] Revising the Agenda for London

Michel Biezunski sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:46:44 -0400

Steve Pepper:
> At 19:46 24.04.2003 -0400, Michel Biezunski wrote:
> >I want the team that has prepared the TMM proposal
> >to have all the time they need to [do lots of things].
>
> Is this really coming from the person who objected so
> vehemently to a four-day meeting?  ;-)

I still think that 4 days is too much for such a
meeting but this is another discussion.

> If you have a proposal on any agenda items that could
> or should be shortened or removed to make more room for
> the RM, please say so, but please respect the fact that
> many people have arranged their itineraries, put an
> immense amount of work into producing documents for
> discussion at the meeting, and even prepared slides, all
> on the basis of an agenda proposal that was discussed
> in this forum long ago.

Here are my proposals. I look forward to seeing if there
is a conflict in the schedule of the participants. I have
tried to keep things more or less as originally planned.

My suggestions are preceded by a dash.

Friday May 2nd

AM Greetings, roll call, approval of draft agenda, meeting times, and the
like.
Road Map and Timetable of Work (2 hrs) Documents: N278, N323, N358, N388
XTM - XTM Syntax and Specification (2 hrs) Documents: N398, N399

 - Postpone the discussion on the road map until the end of the meeting.
   We will know better afterwards where we want to go. We should be
   able to start directly working after one hour introduction, sorting
   out the documents, etc. No need to discuss the roadmap before examining
   the components in detail.

 - Condense the discussion on XTM one hour instead of two.

PM HyTM - HyTM Syntax and Specification (3 hrs) Documents: N391
 - Condense to 1 1/2 hour.

 - We now would have 3 1/2 hours on Friday to discuss the TMM.

Saturday May 3rd
AM SC34 Plenary (2 hrs) Documents: N378, N379, N380, N381, N382
TMCL - Topic Map Constraint Language (2 hrs) Documents: N4xx

PM RM - Reference Model - Introduction and discussion (3 hrs) Documents:
N393

- Leave as it is.

Sunday May 4th
AM SAM - Standard Application Model - Remaining issues (4 hrs) Documents:
N396, N397

PM CXTM - Canonical XTM and conformance (3 hrs) Documents: N395

- Separate the afternoon session in 2 parts:
  1. CXTM only - 1 1/2 hour
  2. Conformance issues for SAM, TMM and CXTM (1 1/2 hour)

Monday May 5th
All day TMQL - Topic Map Query Language - Workshop (5 hrs) Documents: N249,
tolog, AsTMa
WG Plenary: Recommendations for SC34 (2 hrs)

- Probably TMQL could be abridged one hour (4 hours instead of 5). That
  would leave us 1 hour more to discuss about the roadmap that is part
  of the Recommendations for SC34 and that we would have skipped on
  the first day. On Monday we should have a clearer idea where we
  want to go.

Michel
Michel Biezunski
Coolheads Consulting