[sc34wg3] Thoughts on the RM

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:10:55 +0200

At 21:18 24.04.2003 -0400, Sam Hunting wrote:
>And if we don't know which words give trouble, we can't begin to fix the
>trouble, let alone address any issues with the substance that the words
>embody.

All the words give trouble. Or at least so many of them that a clause
by clause review is pointless at this stage.

I am more concerned with the substance, of which I find there to be
very little. Even more, I am concerned with the motivating factors for
the substance. Until I understand what the RM is supposed to *do*,
and why anybody would want to do whatever that is, I see no point in
wordsmithing.

Believe it or not, I'm really not trying to be difficult.

Steve