[sc34wg3] SAM issue: sam-conformance

Martin Bryan sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:54:27 +0100

Lars Marius wrote:

> So the SAM would be normative, and normatively referenced from
> XTM/HyTM/..., it's just there will be no notion of conformance to the
> SAM in isolation. You can only conform to the other parts, not to the
> SAM itself (except indirectly, of course).

I think that there are two levels of conformance:

1) conformance of applications to a particular syntax
2) conformance of a particular syntax to a particular model.

I suspect 2) is something that needs to be specified and validated at
working group level rather than by means of a conformance statement per se.
If syntax X is SAM compliant then it conforms to SAM.

Martin Bryan