[sc34wg3] Editorial structure of N0396

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:37:29 -0400 (EDT)

> * Sam Hunting
> |
> | The N0396 working draft fails to conform to ISO's requirements for a
> | standards document (see the original post).
> |
> | Not merely because of the ambiguous wording of the abstract (see
> | above) but because it fails to include editorial material that ISO
> | mandates (see the original post) -- for example, a foreword, which,
> | if present, would have explained or at least sketched which portions
> | of 13250 were to be cancelled and replaced, and the relationship of
> | N0396 to other documents -- what we seem to be discussing now, at
> | least in part.
>
> You've already said this, and I've already acknowledged it. The text
> of N0396 also says the same thing. There is absolutely no disagreement
> whatsoever on this point.

Still feeling my way on the process here so let me understand you:

Is it the Norwegian position that a working draft should be advanced to
the status of a committee draft despite the fact that the working group
preparing the draft has not made a conformant text available for the
committee to review?

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

Co-editor:  ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps
  Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org
  XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.