[sc34wg3] Editorial structure of N0396

Sam Hunting sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:19:22 -0400 (EDT)

[lars]
> So what, exactly, is the problem? Only that the SAM abstract doesn't
> unambiguously spell it out, or something more?

Yes, I expect the text of a standard to "unambiguously spell it out."

As you know, I read things "like a Martian" (ignorant of the context that
earthlings are aware of) so an unambiguous and complete draft text is very
important to me (and any other Martians ;-). In fact, we can't come to
consensus unless those conditions are met, because we all keep thinking
the text means different things.

Sam Hunting
eTopicality, Inc.

Co-editor:  ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps
  Topic map consulting and training: www.etopicality.com
Free open source topic map tools:  www.gooseworks.org
  XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.