[sc34wg3] N0391-0394: New SAM/XTM documents

Jan Algermissen sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:45:45 +0200

Robert Barta wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 05:52:27PM +0200, Jan Algermissen wrote:
> > Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
> > >
> > > * Robert Barta

Robert--

(again in order to help my understand what you mean)

Both, the SAM and the TMM exist independent from any serialized syntax
(XTM, HyTM,..).

So, consider a topic map application/system that does not involve transforming
serialized syntaxes, what is the TMM then?

And here is another question:

Is the entity relationship model a 'deserialization technique'?

And another one:

How do the entity relationhip model and the TMM differ conceptually?

[These questions might seem insane, but I have the feeling that your
answers will help me to get the point]

Jan