[sc34wg3] Some general comments on the RM (branching from the thread Re: [s c34wg3] The Norwegian National Body position on ISO 13250)

16 Apr 2003 22:37:34 +0200

* James David Mason

| Murray Altheim observed to me offline that the notions of abstract
| and concrete syntaxes might apply here. I would say that the RM is
| an abstract syntax and that XTM and HyTM are concrete syntaxes. The
| SAM is something that mediates between abstract and concrete.

I'd say SAM is exactly like the RM in this regard: abstract syntax.
It's definitely closer to the exchange syntaxes, but that doesn't
matter.