[sc34wg3] Some general comments on the RM (branching from the thread Re: [s c34wg3] The Norwegian National Body position on ISO 13250)

Martin Bryan sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 17:47:42 +0100

Jim

> I'm a minimalist when it comes to glossaries. You ought to have your
really
> essential terms and concepts identified. Somewhere you need to map
> abbreviations. For that, I like some sort of table of
> acronyms/initialisms/abbreviations; since the directives don't call for
it,
> you can either work it into the glossary or make it an appendix.

Actually the directives do call for it. A list of acronyms used in any
standard should immediately follow the definitions. The fact
that SC34 has never followed this part of the directives is irrelevant. We
should change over to this style and start listing acronyms separately from
the definitions.

Martin Bryan