[sc34wg3] London

15 Apr 2003 23:29:25 +0200

I don't want to go into the details on the discussion that has just
unfolded. Instead, I'd like to just briefly state what my goals for
the London meeting are.

 1) I hope to come away from London with a request from the committee
    to take the SAM and the XTM Syntax Specification to Committee
    Draft status as soon as they have been reformulated to proper ISO
    style. This has been my intention ever since Baltimore, and it was
    made very clear there. Nothing that has happened since has given
    me any reason to think that we should not do this.

 2) I hope we can have a useful discussion on the Monday and kickstart
    the work on creating an actual query language for topic map to the
    point where the editors can start writing, if not drafts of the
    standard text, and least outlines of how the language might work.

 3) Similarly, I hope we can make major steps forward on the XTM,
    HyTM, and Canonical XTM drafts.

 4) I hope to learn what the Reference Model is intended to do, and
    how the latest version works in the RM session on Saturday.

 5) Finally, I hope we can do substantial work on the TMCL
    requirements, and perhaps do some work on the use cases.

That's it, really.