[sc34wg3] The Norwegian National Body position on ISO 13250

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:41:18 -0400

Marc,

Thanks for the clarification!

Questions follow:

Marc de Graauw wrote:

>Patrick Durusau wrote:
>
>| You seem to be mixing two issues in your post. One is the lack of a
>| "standard Schema language" and the other is the need for TMCL/TMQL.
>| Are
>| both seen as problems? Noting that the SAM proposal would not answer
>| the problem of lack of a Schema language.
>
>Apologies, I have not made myself very clear. Most of the SIG members here
>do not follow the SC34 work very closely - for them, and quite rightly so,
>the existing ISO and XTM standards are the stuff to look at. So when we
>discussed those issues it was expressed as a lack of a schema language, not
>'lack of a TMCL'. I should not have repeated 'schema language' from those
>discussions but should have said 'constraint language' or TMCL.

If you have a moment, can you say a bit more about what sort of
constraints were discussed? The reason I ask is that W3C schemas have
some constraints by data types and I am wondering what other types of
constraints, if any, are seen as being needed in your discussions.

Hope your day is off to a great start!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau