[sc34wg3] The Norwegian National Body position on ISO 13250

sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 21:22:16 +0200

Steve Pepper wrote:

> People are creating products that apply the concepts in
> ways that do not conform to the model and that result in
> topic maps that cannot be usefully interchanged between
> systems. [...]

Steve,

I am not sure I understand you here: Are you saying that
certain products in some way export XTM or HyTM instances
and that these instances "cannot be usefully interchanged
between systems".

Are you saying that the DTD conformance of an XTM document
is not enough to be usefully interchanged between systems?

Or what else?

Please clarify, I think this is an important issue.

Jan

--
Jan Algermissen                           http://www.topicmapping.com
Consultant & Programmer	                  http://www.gooseworks.org