[sc34wg3] to advance Topic Maps

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:30:57 +0200

At 11:18 13.04.2003 -0400, Michel Biezunski wrote:
>Steve, you have not yet answered the question I
>asked you:
>
>What is the nature of the incompatibilities that you
>have mentioned between the software being produced
>by companies claiming topic map compatibility and
>the existing standard or the SAM?

As you have seen by now, I have attempted to answer
this question in the meantime. If you need further
clarification (in public or in private), please say
so.

>What you say is there seems to be a lot of software
>being built out there claiming compatibility for
>topic maps.
>
>My understanding of what you want to do is to
>publish the SAM in order to prevent most of them
>to continue claiming compatibility for topic maps?
>
>Is that your idea?

No. I want to publish the SAM in order that those
who sincerely wish to build conformant software can
do so, and so that users have a chance of being
able to tell which systems conform and which do not.

Do you think these goals are unreasonable?

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Ontopian
http://www.ontopia.net