[sc34wg3] Question on TNC / Montreal minutes

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:43:31 +0200

At 14:04 05/09/02 +0200, Lars Marius Garshol wrote:
>| To my mind, there are only two levels at which the TNC on/off switch
>| can operate meaningfully:
>|
>| (1) At the level of the topic map as a whole.
>| (2) At the level of individual scopes.
>
>Well, there is another level altogether: whether it is part of the
>core standard or up to individual applications.

I agree. I was also thinking that all along, but thought options (1)
and (2) would provide enough material for debate for the time being.

Let's have Level Zero

(0) At the level of the application.

at the back of our minds as something we might fall back on if the
discussion should prove that (1) and (2) are also unsatisfactory.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)