[sc34wg3] Question on TNC / Montreal minutes

05 Sep 2002 14:02:13 +0200

* Lars Marius Garshol

| That's fair enough, but if two topic name nodes have different
| assertions connecting them to the identical string it need not follow
| that their respective topics must be merged.

* Jan Algermissen

| Agreed, it is a processing model question. But it makes sense to me,
| why would you NOT merge them ? (this means: why would you want to
| have two sidtinct subjects for them ?)

I can't really picture the graph you are talking about here. Could you
make an ASCII drawing or something? I fear we will just talk past one
another if you don't.

| Again, to be clear and to prevent this discussion harming the RM,
| this is a question of what semantics the SAM provides and of the
| processing model on how to turn XTM markup into a topic map graph
| using these semantics.
|
| Ok ?

What do you mean "harming the RM"? The rest of that I replied to in my
previous email a couple of minutes ago.