[sc34wg3] ISO style guide

24 Nov 2002 19:01:22 +0100

* Sam Hunting

| Is there such a thing?

I've got two PDF documents titled

  ISO/IEC Directives, Part 1: Procedures for the technical work
  ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2: Rules for the structure and drafting of
                              international standards

that I got from Jim last year, and I guess it's the second one you
want.

Anyone who wants a copy, let me know, and I'll send them to you. See
also:

| I'm asking this question because of recent discussions on "should"
| and "shall." It may be that the ISO uses these words in (perhaps
| subtly) different ways than (say) W3C. If so, we should know, and a
| style guide would tell us.

If the ISO directives are silent on this I would suggest that we use
RFC 2119, but I would guess that ISO has its own rules.