[sc34wg3] WG3 agenda for Baltimore

14 Nov 2002 08:40:32 +0100

* James David Mason

| However, after the 1st of the year, the ANSI site may go away since
| nobody's going to fund it.

It would be wonderful if it did go away. That site is the most
miserable catastrophe of failed user-interface design I have ever had
the misfortune to be subjected to. For it to go away and be replaced
by something else, even if it is just your site moved to a more
reachable server, would be a major step forward for all concerned.

| Who replaces them is still up in the air. IDEAlliance is trying to
| scare up the money (~$10k/year) to take over the Secretariat, so
| anyone who has trouble with the Y-12 server might want to look for a
| different ISP.

If the ANSI site does go away, I guess what we could do is to move
your site to isotopicmaps.org, or some other server that is more
reachable.