[sc34wg3] Logical Expression of Reference Model

Ann M Wrightson sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Sat, 4 May 2002 10:04:20 +0100

Re infon logic:
Probably the most accessible intro reference is "Logic and Information" by
Keith Devlin (Cambridge UP 1991). The ref in Jerry Seligman's email (in the
Elsevier Handbook of Logic and Language) is rather theoretical. I have an
intro I did for  my students a few years ago which I can make available. See
also other refs below.

Ann W.

@Book{BarSel97,
author = 	"J Barwise and J Seligman",
title = 	"Information Flow, the Logic of Distributed Systems",
publisher = 	"Cambridge UP",
year = 		"1997",
}

@Book{Barwise89,
author =	"J Barwise",
title =		"The Situation in Logic",
publisher =	"CSLI Lecture Notes no. 17",
year =		"1989"
}

@InCollection{Devlin94,
author = 	"K Devlin",
title =		"Situation Theory and the Design of
		Interactive Information Systems",
booktitle = 	"Design Issues in CSCW",
editor = 	"D Rosenberg and C Hutchison",
publisher = 	" Springer-Verlag",
year = 		"1994",
}

@InCollection{DevRos93,
author = 	"K Devlin and D Rosenberg",
title = 	" Situation Theory and Cooperative Action",
booktitle = 	"Situation Theory and its Applications Vol 3",
editor = 	"P Aczel, D Israel, Y Katagiri, S Peters",
publisher = 	"CSLI",
series =       "CSLI Lecture Notes",
address =      "Stanford, CA.",
number =       "37",
}

@Book{Devlin91,
author = 	"K Devlin",
title = 	"Logic and Information",
publisher = 	"Cambridge UP",
year = 		"1991",
}

@TechReport{DevRos94,
author = 	"K Devlin and D Rosenberg",
title = 	"Networked Information Flow via Stylized Documents",
publisher = 	"CSLI",
series =       "CSLI Reports",
year = 		"1994",
institution  = "CSLI",
address =      "Stanford, CA.",
number =       "CSLI-94-187",
}

@Article{BarGabHar95,
author = 	"Jon Barwise and Dov Gabbay and Chrysafis Hartonas ",
title = 	"On the Logic of Information Flow",
journal = 	"Bulletin of the IGPL",
volume = 	"3",
number = 	"1",
year = 		"1995",
}

@InCollection{Gab93,
author = 	"Dov Gabbay",
title = 	"Labelled Deductive Systems and Situation Theory",
booktitle = 	"Situation Theory and its Applications Vol 3",
editor = 	"P Aczel and D Israel and
			Y Katagiri and S Peters",
publisher = 	"CSLI",
series =       "CSLI Lecture Notes",
address =      "Stanford, CA.",
number =       "37",
year = 		"1993",
}

@Book{STASS1,
editor = 	"R Cooper and K Mukai and J Perry",
title = 	"Situation Theory and its Applications Vol 1",
publisher = 	"CSLI",
series =       "CSLI Lecture Notes",
address =      "Stanford, CA.",
number =       "22",
year = 		"1990",
}

@Book{STASS2,
editor = 	"J Barwise and J M Gawron and G Plotkin
			and S Tutiya ",
title = 	"Situation Theory and its Applications Vol 2",
publisher = 	"CSLI",
series =       "CSLI Lecture Notes",
address =      "Stanford, CA.",
number =       "26",