[sc34wg3] Topics and Subjects clarification

10 Jul 2002 15:01:14 +0200

* Bernard Vatant

| I agree with definition of subject in ISO13250.
| But not with reference to real-world in SAM, which is not employed
| in 13250, [...]

SAM contains the word "real" in one place: in the first informal
paragraph of the introduction. If you want to criticize the SAM,
please make sure you get it right.

I'm not happy with the sentence that says topics are symbols
representing real-world things, and would welcome suggestions for a
better way to put it informally without being actively wrong.

It is clear that you are not entirely happy with the SAM, but it is
very much unclear how and why. Everyone, if you have any sort of
dissatisfaction with the SAM, please please please please come forward
and make it known. Write it down, in email or a web page, and publish
it so that we can take it into account.

This process is moving forward, and you can choose to join or to
watch, but the sooner you join, the better for us all.

This is not meant as a complaint, but I am concerned that people seem
to be unhappy without coming forward with their complaints. If they
don't, how can we possibly hope to resolve the cause of their
unhappiness?

In short, I want feedback, and I haven't had enough. Preferrably
feedback connected to the document.