[sc34wg3] a new name for the Reference Model

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 17:24:00 +0100

At 05:51 31.12.2002 -0500, Patrick Durusau wrote:
>Well, I certainly agree with that! Imagine someone underselling a work
>with a title like "Principia Mathematica." Just a set of principles for
>mathematics, should have called it: "Canonical Foundations for Mathematics
>Using Advanced Notation and Modern Analysis." ;-)

Your Greek's better than mine, Patrick. Would Principia Kartatopia be a
good name?

Seriously, though. It's quite obvious that the IAM is a metamodel - a model
for defining other models - just as XML is a metalanguage - a language for
defining other languages.

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)