[sc34wg3] a new name for the Reference Model

Martin Bryan sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:07:11 -0000

Steve

If, as you claim

>       * The RM merely provides a platform or framework
>         for the definitions of TM Models, and it is not
>         itself in any sense a "TM Model", as we intend
>         that term to be understood.

then it seems that the response to

> So what should be the new name of the RM?  I'm hereby
> proposing "TM Modeling Principles".  We'll "test drive"
> this name in the next iteration of the RM, to see if
> we like it.

must be that it is the Topic Map Metamodel. What else can you call something
that is a "platform for the definition of TM Models"?

To me Topic Map Modelling Principles would be a guide to "How to write topic
map models", not a set of rules that models can be built on.

Martin