[sc34wg3] draft Reference Model

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:05:08 -0400

WG3 Folks:

Martin has a good point here. We're trying to work in Internet time,
constantly reviewing and revising, but at some point we have to let the dust
settle enough for people to take a good, slow look at the document. I sent
out my initial comment because I want to checkpoint the document and have us
all know what version we're looking at. But about May 1 we need to have
settled on a version that we can let remain intact until the meeting, which
starts on May 18.

We all want this stuff to move as fast as possible, and we're all learning
quickly, but the world won't end if we freeze the text on May 1. We may
generate a whole new document when we get together in Barcelona, but that's
what meetings are for.

Martin doesn't say it explicitly, but in several national bodies that
participate in SC34, there are more people than those who actively come to
the meetings or are subscribed to this list. Those folks need a chance to
catch up, too.

Jim

James David Mason, Ph.D.

Y-12 National Security Complex