[sc34wg3] 13250 and XTM approved as JIS standard and TR

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Fri, 05 Apr 2002 14:11:13 +0200

At 13:20 04/04/02 +0900, Motomu Naito wrote:
>I have a good news.
>JIS X 4157 (ISO 13250) and TR X 0057 (XTM)
>was approved by committee of METI(Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry).
>So, they become JIS standard and JIS TR.

Congratulations, Naito-san, and well done! I wish I could read Japanese so
I can see how you tackled the thorny problem of translating the terminology!

Jim, Steve, Michel, Martin: What about preparing a Press Release to
announce this to the world? Do ISO rules allow us to do that in the name of
SC34? I think this is an excellent opportunity to beat our own drum and do
some marketing for the topic map paradigm. It's the kind of thing that
might get noticed by the big industry analysts, among others. It would also
allow us to say something about further development of the standard.

Since OASIS is now an official liaison we might consider doing it in
collaboration with them and making the new "division of labour" clear to
the community.

If you agree, perhaps one of the editors could prepare a first draft?

Steve

--
Steve Pepper, Chief Executive Officer <pepper@ontopia.net>
Convenor, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC34/WG3  Editor, XTM (XML Topic Maps)