[sc34wg3] ISO 13250 for free - its official

Murray Altheim sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:08:21 -0800

michel wrote:

> Murray, and al.
>
> The original version of ISO 13250 is in SGML.
> I have just sent the source file to Jim, so that he can
> figure out where
> to send it.
>
> As far as I remember, there were two "authoritative"
> versions:
> the SGML source, and the PDF output.
>
> The HTML version I have is only an output from
> FrameMaker and might not be reliably rendered
> (especially for cross-references).
>
> Therefore I don't think we can consider it an original.
> Murray's version
> might be as valuable as the one I have for that reason.
> Somebody
> needs to proofread to establish whether the HTML
> version is identical to the SGML source (or the PDF
> output). Maybe Murray you have already done it ?

I did, but not to the level of rigour that I would expect necessary
for an "official" online version. If the deadline isn't too near I
could do that. If you want to resend that version to me or point me
to it I'd not have to worry that we're talking about two different
files.

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML/XML Grease Monkey  <mailto:murray.altheim&#64;sun.com>
XML Technology Center
Sun Microsystems, 1601 Willow Rd., MS UMPK17-102, Menlo Park, CA 94025

     i am going to see if i cannot reform insects in general
     i have constituted myself a missionary extraordinary
     and minister plenipotentiary and entomological to bring
     idealism to the little struggling brothers -- archy (1927)