[tmql-wg] Result set requirements

Robert Barta rho@bigpond.net.au
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:44:44 +1000

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 11:05:08PM +0100, Rani Pinchuk wrote:
Lars wrote:
> > I think you raise some valid concerns, but I worry that perhaps your
> > solutions to them are a bit too radical.
> Having seen such separation with ugly non OO architecture might be the
> reason that you are still skeptical about this attitude. I have had
> totally different experience - the separation of the presentation
> details from the rest of the application....

Rani,

To stress again, when I let TMQL create XML this has NOTHING to do
with presentation. "Presentation" is a relative term anyway. What
seems to someone like an internal memory dump looks like a presentation
to me. I LOVE Data::Dumper as output format :-)

> separation between different languages - like SQL and the programming
> language around it) makes the application a lot cleaner, and REALLY
> gives the graphical designer the ability to change the look and feel of
> the application without needing the programmer help.

Creating XML from the backend is NOTHING for the graphical designer.
So that NEVER needs to be factored out. The last thing we need are
designers designing XML docs :-)))

\rho