[sc34wg3] Mapping work item?

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Wed Feb 29 19:36:47 EST 2012

Greetings!

Sorry for the long silence.

I wrote a post today that may be of interest to the members of SC 34:

Graph Databases: Information Silo Busters
http://tm.durusau.net/?p=22342

Some of the more advanced graph database products, in this case
InfiniteGraph 2.1, are starting to talk about persisting relationships
across datastores.

It occured to me that persisting those relationships/mappings in an
interchangeable fashion, would be something very much in the vein of
topic map work.

The usual suspects of data types, ranges, etc., purely declarative,
database/table/other structure names/locations, etc.

Would that be:

#1 of interest

#2 something you would like to contribute time/resources to

#3 something you already have

etc.?

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB) - member

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau