[sc34wg3] Topic naming constraint question

Steve Pepper pepper.steve at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 12:09:23 EDT 2009

* Lars Heuer

| TMCL has no built-in mechanism to constrain variant names (you have
| to use TMQL).

I think this as a major shortcoming of TMCL. I see that the issue that was
opened in June [1] has been closed following a decision in Seattle.

Are Naito-san and I really the only two users of non-SAE languages [2] that care
about variant names? Are they not widely used in Korea and China, for example,
as well as Japan? What about topic maps in Cyrillic, Arabic, Devanagari, etc.
etc.?

Steve

[1] http://projects.topicmapslab.de/issues/847
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Average_European