[sc34wg3] TMCL issue: regex?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Sat Nov 7 13:41:20 EST 2009

* Lars Marius Garshol

> I think I got it now. What you're saying is that we have defined
> matching of regular expressions explicitly, but that we haven't said
> anything explicitly about what regular expression syntax to use.

Now I think about it, there really is a problem here. I mean: a bug,
as opposed to sub-optimal text which might confuse some people.

If someone were to write

   person isa tmcl:topic-type;
     has-subject-identifier(0, 1, "*").

(which is not a syntactically valid regular expression) then there's
nothing anywhere in the draft that says that's wrong. Obviously the
draft should say that.

--Lars M.
http://www.garshol.priv.no/tmphoto/
http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/