[sc34wg3] TMCL issue: regex?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Sat Nov 7 09:01:17 EST 2009

* Patrick Durusau

> We say:
>
>> A string /s/ matches a regular expression /r/ if the string is a
>> member of the set of strings |L(r)| denoted by /r/ as defined in /
>> [XML Schema-2 <http://www.isotopicmaps.org/tmcl/tmcl.html#XSD2>]/.
>
> Err, does that mean that conforming TMCL processors will recognize
> regular expressions defined using the regex syntax defined in
> Appendix F of XML Schema Part 2?

Yes.

> The reference and the requirement to conform to that syntax seems a
> big vague.

How so? I mean, it does say that it's the regexp syntax from XML
Schema part 2, and you interpreted it correctly. So I'm not sure
what's problematic about this. :-)

> Please add an issue to specify the regular expression syntax as
> defined by XML Schema Part 2 and appropriate conformance requirements.

I will, as soon as I understand the issue well enough. :-)

--Lars M.
http://www.garshol.priv.no/tmphoto/
http://www.garshol.priv.no/blog/