[sc34wg3] Supporting variants in TMCL

Graham Moore gra at networkedplanet.com
Tue Nov 3 08:51:22 EST 2009

Hi,

I would like to reiterate Lars' point. TMCL does support constraining
variants. The variants data structure (in context of names types,
topic of types) becomes quite chunky and the various means by which
they can be constrained is not as clean / simple and straightforward
as for the other constructs.

If there is a proposal to prioritise a certain variant constraint
pattern we should consider it, but be aware of the capabilities and
perhaps simplicity of defining variant constraints in TMQL.

Graham