[sc34wg3] TMCL 6.7 Overlap Declaration, Global Validation Rule

Patrick Durusau patrick at durusau.net
Fri Jun 19 16:02:39 EDT 2009

Greetings!

The first condition of the global validation rule for 6.7, overlap
declaration, provides:

> /t1/ is not a subtype of /t2/ (or vice versa), and
Err, but isn't the "overlap" of a supertype/subtype relationship between
two topics different from say the overlap of a topic being of type
father and also of type employee?

That is to say that shouldn't I be able to distinguish between saying
that t2 may be a subtype of t1 versus t2 may overlap with t1?

As I read the declaration and global validation rule, those two cases
are being treated as the same?

Yes?

That seems deeply problematic to me.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick at durusau.net