[sc34wg3] CTM: Semicolons

Dmitry db3000 at mac.com
Fri Feb 6 08:28:24 EST 2009

On Friday, February 06, 2009, at 02:24AM, "Lars Marius Garshol" <larsga at garshol.priv.no> wrote:

>* Dmitry
>>
>> My suggestion is in adding a shortcut for binary templates inside of
>> topic blocks.
>
>-1
>
>Rationale: let's get this over and done with.

That's understandable. I also would like to finish CTM, but....

If we have ";" as a mandatory separator  between assertions inside of topic blocks and "."  at the end of assertions outside of topic blocks then "()" for template invocations become unnecessary (from technological point of view). We can have them or not without serious changes to parsers.

Speaking about personal position,

I do not mind to read topic maps created with "()" notations.

    Example: john isa Person. john works_for(exampleDotCom). is_beatle(john).

I would love to have ability to write topic maps  without "()".

    Example: john isa Person. john works_for exampleDotCom. is_beatle john.

I am OK to have two notations (with and without "()" ),

    It works very well for me in Ruby and Prolog

Dmitry