[sc34wg3] TMQL: 4.3 Item References: How to resolve identifiers?

Robert Barta rho at devc.at
Wed Oct 8 11:32:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 06:26:25PM +0200, Lars Heuer wrote:
> Comments against TMQL draft dtd. 2008-07-15.
>
> 4.3 Item References
> ===================
>
>     [...]
>     If the item reference is an identifier then this identifier is
>     interpreted as an topi item identifier ([TMDM], Clause 5.1) for a
>                     ^^^^^^^ typo

Yup.

> Against which IRI is the identifier resolved? The spec. seems to be
> silent about that. How does the processor resolve the identifier
> ``foo`` into an *absolute* item identifier (which is needed to query
> the topic map)?

Good question. This was written against a TMDM version which included
something like a BaseURI attribute on the TopicMap item. I remember
that that disappeared at some point, correct?

If no IRI can be attributed to the effective queried map, then we need
an additional environmental parameter, to be detailed in 6.1. Unpretty.

\rho