[sc34wg3] TMQL: Navigation "item"

Lars Heuer heuer at semagia.com
Sun Jul 20 08:54:37 EDT 2008

Comments against TMQL draft dtd. 2008-07-15.

4.4 Navigation
==============

item
----
Aside from the term "item" which is in my opinion a bit confusing
since the TMDM uses the term Topic Maps *item*, I wonder why that axis
produces just one item identifier. That behaviour is different from
"locators" and "indicators" and it differs from TMDM where the [item
identifiers] property is always a set. Is there a good reason why
"item" does not produce a sequence of item identifiers? If the user
wants to reduce the sequence to one item, she can use a postfix
filter.

In my opinion it would be more consistent if "item" (maybe using its
plural form) would produce a sequence of IRIs.

Best regards,
Lars
--
Semagia