[sc34wg3] CTM - pre-Kyoto vs. post-Kyoto comparison

Robert Barta rho at devc.at
Tue Jan 29 03:38:39 EST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 09:11:24AM +0900, Jaeho Lee wrote:
> class HelloWorld {
>         public static void main (String args[]) {
> 		System.out.print("Hello World ");
> 	}
> }

> Even if it is verbose, I would stick with the last one.

I did not realize that "verboseness" was an objective (or a
requirement) for a __Compact_ TM notation. If so, than the current
proposal has overfulfilled it.

But it can be topped:

   http://kill.devc.at/node/120

> As I read through the comparison list  at
> <http://www.semagia.com/tmp/ctm-comparison.html>, toward the end of the
> list, that is, toward the REAL cases, I was convinced that explicit
> delimiters "{ ; }" make sense.

Interesting, I just had the inverse conviction from that observation.

\rho

And then he said: "You should read my blog." http://kill.devc.at/