[sc34wg3] TMCL: 4.4.3 AssociationRoleTypeConstraint

Robert Barta rho at devc.at
Thu Feb 14 06:46:18 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:07:00AM -0000, Graham Moore wrote:

> >> The TMQL query would be
> >>  uniq ( // tm:association >> roles ) -- // tmcl:roleTypes == null
> >> All roles which appear in any association must be mentioned in the
> >> list, not more.
>
> Not quite, all topics used as role types must be an instance of the
> topic tmcl:role-type.

Hmmm, the prose in 4.4.3 says

   "The associationRoleType ....provides a way to constrain that only
   topics explicitly defined as ... role types are used in such fashion."

I understand this as

  employee isa tmcl:roleType .
  employer isa tmcl:roleType .

  employment (employee: rho, arrogant-jerks: bond-university)
                             violation

Maybe we (you or me) are confusing this now with 4.4.18
RolePlayerConstraint which imposes a certain type on a role-playing
topic?

\rho

And then he said: "You should read my blog." http://kill.devc.at/