[sc34wg3] CTM: Proposal for %mergemap directive

Robert Barta rho at devc.at
Thu Nov 22 11:11:42 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 02:16:49PM +0100, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> You can get both advantages by introducing new keyword %notation for
> defining notation shorthands. So instead of
>
> %mergemap http://example.org/ http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/
>
> you could use something like:
>
> %notation xtm http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/
> %mergemap http://example.org/ xtm

Which reminds me that we somewhere have to define PSIs for

 "XTM", the notation
 "CTM", the notation

Once we have that, yes, we *should* have predefined

  xtm isa topicmap-notation
  - "XTM"
  http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/or/what/ever

Once there, we could also consider staying within the TM paradigm:

  some-other-file isa ctm:stream   ~ file:myfile.ctm

This reads in the CTM file and merges it with the currently processed
file.

  something isa ctm:stream
    ctm:notation xtm
    ~ http://some.where/file.xtm

Or if that is generated on the fly:

  mystaff isa ctm:stream
    ctm:notation astma
    ctm:command : "cat ... | ... |"

[ As always: Not sure about the current CTM syntax. :]

\rho