[sc34wg3] WG3 Atlanta recommendations (draft)

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:44:41 +0100

Dear Naito-san,

| 1. Title of part-4
|
|    I think, the title of part-4 is not "Canonical XML Syntax" but
| "Canonicalization".

You're right. Thanks.

| 2. Standard format for PSI
|
|    It is not mentioned about "Standard format for PSI" in the recommendation.
|    Is there any reason?
|    What is the next step of it?
|    Should I do something?

Oh, I'm very sorry. I forgot that. I used cut-and-paste from last
the Spring recommendations and forget all about PSIs. I really do
apologize. I propose that we add the following:

Metadata for Published Subjects

WG3 recognizes the need to develop conventions for adding metadata
to Published Subject Indicators, in order to

 - enable specification of the semantics of PSIs,
 - encourage the publication of PSIs in general, and
 - improve the findability and reusability of PSIs.

Since SC34 is considered to be a suitable forum for this work, WG3
instructs its convenor to work together with Motomu Naito to draft
an NP and distribute it to the working group prior to the Seoul
meeting. No decision was taken regarding whether such an NWI should
take the form of a TR or an IS.

Is this OK with you?

Steve