[sc34wg3] Re: [topicmapmail] CTM Use Cases

Lars Heuer sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:07:00 +0100

Hi Lutz,

[...]
> I think, if we will have a compact notation it should be possible to create
> topics without an explicit item identifier, shifting the task of the item
> identifier assignment to the topic maps engine. Is this issue reflected in
> the requirements?

Yes, this is one of the requirements. It is not directly reflected in
the use cases (it contains some use cases where the item identifier
should be omitted and only a subject identifier should be used), but
this requirement was noted in the CTM requirements presentation in
Amsterdam.

> When I created the bibMap, a second problem occurred. See the example:

>   #PREFIX isbn @"urn:isbn:"

>   [isbn:0201749602 : bibtex:BOOK = "XML Topic Maps: ..."]

[...]
> Is this not that useful syntactical constraint relaxed in the requirements
> of CTM?

I think, this should be relaxed. In AsTMa= this is already relaxed and
this should go into CTM.
Your example above would be valid in AsTMa=

     %prefix isbn i'urn:isbn:
     %prefix bibtex i'http://psi.something.here.com/

     isbn:0201749602 is-a bibtex:book
     tn: XML Topic Maps....