[sc34wg3] Re: TMDM comments

Lars Heuer sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:19:08 +0100

Hi Lars,

[...]
>> 5.3.3 Scope
>> -----------
>> Example 2:
>> Not a failure but I'd like to suggest to find a more pleasant example
>> than World War II.

> I tried, but it was hard to find another example for which I could
> identify specific authorities and numbers with discrepancies. I could
[...]

Yeah. Okay. I thought it would be nice to have more pleasant example,
but ad hoc I've no better. :/

>> BTW: The equality rules are not addressable (they do not occurr in the
>> TOC). I suggest to make the equality rule of each topic map construct
>> addressable.

> Why?

I think the equality rules are important and every now and then I try
to refer to them with a URI. But especially the equality rule for
topics is far behind the (addressable) topic properties. Well, not
really far, but you've to scroll sometimes.
Anyway I think it would be nice if such such an important thing is
directly addressable.

[ Merging ]
>> The merging procedures 6.3 - 6.7 do not state that the [parent]
>> property shall contain the the same value.

> No, but the equality rules do. :)

Yes. But I found it a bit inconsistent. Anyway, the information is
there, but the form is inconsistent. :)

Best regards,
Lars
--