[sc34wg3] Documenting merging rules in TMDM .. and unmergingtoo

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:22:50 +0100

* Ann Wrightson

| 1. We need to understand the RM/DM fit and how it can work
| practically as well as theoretically

Personally, I feel we need to understand what RM is meant to do first,
so that we can evaluate how what it's meant to do is best achieved.
One approach may be to carry on the work, another may be to achieve
the goals through other parts of the standard. Which approach is the
correct one depends on what RM is trying to do, of course.

?

| 3. TMDM is nearly there, & IMO will need annotation rather than
| amendment to elucidate the fit with RM. That could include
| discussion of semantics as in recent postings, and identifying
| limitations of DM that are loosened in RM.

Agreed.

| 4. We still have the problem that too much of the RM-concept is
| inside heads rather than documented - though I do appreciate that
| work is in hand to change that.

Agreed again.