... and what about un-merging? RE: [sc34wg3] Documenting merging rules in TMDM

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:53:20 +0100

* dmitryv@cogeco.ca

| I also did some experimental SQL implementation of TM with unmerging
| possibilities.  In my case each TM construct has additional
| information - set of "sources". It allows easily to unmerge full
| topic map. It also helps to unmerge topics.
|
| SQL allows efficiently filter by source.

Sure, this is possible. We can argue about how it performs, but
there's no question that it's possible.

| I suggested at some point to include this feature into SAM but...
| we probably need more experimental work this area.

That's my feeling. A better understanding of what the actual user
requirements are would also help.