[sc34wg3] Status of TMQL, TMCL and Conceptual Model

Steve Pepper sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:25:07 +0100

* Naito-san wrote:

| We are confusing about N485 and JTC1 N7367.
| May I ask questions about that?

Of course. Thank you for bringing this to our
attention.

| 1. Concerning "18049 - TM Conceptual Model"
|
| It is described as "restored" in N485?meanwhile it is discribed as "JTC
| 1/SC 34 requests approval for the withdrawal ...." in N7367.
| What is "restored" mean?
| Are "restored" and "withdrawal" the same meaning?

No. Not at all. They are almost opposites!

18049 should be CANCELLED.

| 2. Concerning "18048 - TM Query Language"
|
| It is described as "cancelled" in N485.
| I think it is problem and we have to recover it.
| What kind of procedure can we take to recover it?

18048 should be RESTORED.

Ken: Have you just mixed up these two in your database,
or do we have a real problem here?

>From JTC 1/N7367 it seems that the correct request has
been made to JTC1 (i.e. that 18049 be cancelled), so I
hope it is just an error in Ken's local database.

| 3. Concerning "19756 - TM Constraint Language"
|
| It is described as "automatic 2-year cancellation"  in N485.
| I think it is problem and we have to prevent the cancellation.
| What kind of procedure can we take to prevent it?

I don't know. Ken? Is this just a note to make us aware
that we are in danger of cancellation? We have produced
several documents as part of this project, including a
working draft (N408), so there should be no danger of
cancellation.

Best regards,

Steve