[sc34wg3] Essence of the TMRM

Mon, 23 Aug 2004 20:36:14 +0200

* Martin Bryan

| How can I say using XTM that the subject is the one that is the
| eighth entry in the third column of image 3 on page 2081 of The
| Compact OED (which, incidentally, is where I go to look up the
| official English language definition of the term Topic!). I know how
| to do this in HyTime, but have no idea how to do it in XTM.

I guess the answer is that neither do I. I could tell you stuff you
already know, like that you could use XPointer and so on, but of
course that only works if the Compact OED is in XML, which I suppose
it's not.

So in reality I'm afraid the answer is that this is one of the things
we lost when we dropped HyTM. :-|