[sc34wg3] Almost arbitrary markup in resourceData

Patrick Durusau sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:18:46 -0500

Eric,

Freese, Eric D. (LNG-DAY) wrote:
> As I said (when the 3rd time was the charm) - No, XHTML is not enough for my
> requirements because we want to use full (real) XML with our own semantic
> markup.  I doubt XHTML would even meet a 20% usefulness level for us.
> Anyone else?

+1 on full XML. XHTML is simply too limiting.

Do think there needs to be a mechanism by which I can indicate what is
required to make sense of the data. Namespaces carry their own problems
and I would not suggest them unless we cannot find an acceptable
alternative.

Suggestion: Let's discuss what we want to do, separate and apart from
current solutions and then evaluate the pluses and minuses of any
proposed solution. Prefer that over starting from a solution and making
our needs fit it.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick