[sc34wg3] Almost arbitrary markup in resourceData

12 Nov 2003 15:12:12 +0100

* Murray Altheim
|=20
| Well, the sixth time is a charm: would the XHTML+XTM DTD meet the
| 80/20 point? That's the question.=20

I think that question is irrelevant, really. If there really were a
problem with embedding arbitrary markup in XTM the question would be
relevant, but I don't think there is, nor does anyone on the list seem
to think there is, except for you. And you can't even come up with
examples of potential problems or arguments for why simply storing the
markup is harmful.

| As I've said, I'm even willing to do that work if it means avoiding
| arbitrary markup in a standard, which I will continue to maintain is
| a nonsequitor.

As I've already explained to you: your proposed solution achieves
nothing, since it implies stripping the markup back out of the XTM
document before XTM processors can see it.

My conclusion is that we have a proposed non-solution to a
non-problem. As far as I am concerned I see no reason why we should
not stand by the resolution we agreed on in Montr=E9al.

--=20