[sc34wg3] Wireless in London

Mason, James David (MXM) sc34wg3@isotopicmaps.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:14:48 -0500

The SC34 Chairman would like to know what the possibility is of running
wireless networks during the London meetings. I'd really love to be able to
share files without sneakernet.

I'm pretty new to wireless networking, having just set up one at home this
month. My big question is whether WiFi networks can run in P2P mode or
whether we need a hub/router. I don't mind slipping a PCMCIA into my bag,
but I really don't want to have to drag my router across the pond. If we
have to have a hub of some sort, is there anyone for whom it would be easier
to bring one?

Jim Mason